U3F1ZWV6ZTIyNjc1Mjg5MzE5ODU2X0ZyZWUxNDMwNTUzMzI1NDY1NA==

Sam Smith, Kim Petras Bring Satan, Cages and Whips to Grammys in Fiery

كريم المصري

 Fiery Grammys Performance by Sam Smith and Kim Petras Features Satan, Cages, and Whips





Sam Smith and "Unholy" collaborator Kim Petras recently outdid their recent "Saturday Night Live" performance of the hit song with a rendition that was inspired by a horror film. Before transitioning to Petras dancing in a cage, some dominatrices donning demonic headgear flanked her on either side as she began the song in red leather, surrounded by a fleet of dancers that evoked Samara from "The Ring." As the stage heated up with enormous flames, Smith also wore a devilish top hat.


Earlier in the evening, Smith and Petras took home the Grammy for best pop duo/group performance, and Petras delivered a moving acceptance speech.


She was greeted with applause as she announced, "Sam graciously wanted me to accept this award because I'm the first transgender woman to win this honour." Many of the artists in the audience gave her a standing ovation. "I just wanted to say thanks to all the amazing transgender icons that came before me and pounded on these doors to let me in tonight. My late friend Sophie, who always had faith in me and warned me that this would happen, passed away two years ago. I appreciate Sophie's motivation so much. I adore you, and my music will always be inspired by you.

Comments
NameEmailMessage